Code of Ethics
Please review the Code of Ethics below. We want you to be completely aware of our ethics and what we desire of a volunteer ministry leader.
- I desire to model Christ-likeness in my entire behavior, especially as I serve in ministry at First Covenant Church. I aim to demonstrate my love for the Lord Jesus, my gratitude for His grace and forgiveness, and testify to the power of the Holy Spirit working in me.
- I desire to demonstrate respect, loyalty, patience, courtesy, and maturity.
- I will treat people of all races, genders, religions, cultures, and orientations with respect and consideration.
- I will not abuse children/youth/adults, in any way, including but not limited to: physical abuse, verbal/mental abuse, and sexual abuse – e.g. inappropriate touch or exposure.
- I will not possess or use illegal drugs.
- I will not use alcohol or tobacco while functioning in the role of a ministry leader or volunteer.
- I will not use or tolerate profanity in the context of ministry.
- I understand that any violation of this Code or of the Child Protection Policy, in all respects, may be grounds for dismissal from volunteer service or other action by the Church.